We are focused on zucchini this week in my Good Friends Good Food group. I had a hard time choosing a recipe because zucchini is one of my favorites and there are so many ways that you can use it! I thought about muffins and zucchini bread - both favorites especially this time of the year! But then I narrowed it down to two chicken dishes and I ended up making both of them this week! For purposes of this group and this blog I chose to highlight the chicken zucchini casserole. I found a recipe on Pinterest that really sparked my interest and then I tweaked it a bit to make it more to our liking. And liking we did! Honestly this was so good and we enjoyed the leftovers just as much as the first dinner. I will definitely be putting this in our dinner rotation. It is the perfect weeknight dinner. I found it easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. I cooked my chicken breasts quickly in the instant pot and then chopped them up . Diced up the zucchini . Then you just make a quick sauce and mix with the stuffing . With Thanksgiving just around the corner, the stuffing really got me in the mood!
I cannot wait to see what the other ladies in my group came up with for their zucchini dish.
Chicken Zucchini Casserole
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 large zucchini (diced small)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cubed) (I cooked in my instant pot for five minutes)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped onions (or chop your own)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and melted butter. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture for topping.
- Add zucchini, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, onion and sour cream to the stuffing in the large bowl.
- Spread zucchini mixture in an even layer in a 9 x 13 inch glass pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle reserved stuffing mix on top and bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through and the top is golden brown