Sunday morning banana pancakes

This morning I thought I would treat the yankee to a little something special. I think I make great pancakes from an old tried and true recipe. I changed them up just a little this morning however by using whole wheat flour and adding some smashed banana. They were excellent with our favorite maple syrup. I did not eat pancakes as a child because mom made them really thick and big. I like light and fluffy so I have perfected a recipe just for my tastes. They are the lightest pancakes ever. Try them! They are great without the added cinnamon and banana so you might like them better that way.

Ingredients:

4 egg yolks
1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
2 cups milk
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
one smashed banana

Place all ingredients except egg whites and banana in a bowl. Beat with mixer until blended. In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold beaten egg whites into batter, along with cinnamon and banana.
Cook on hot griddle (400).

Comments

natalia said…
What a nice idea to add bananas !!! I'll keep them in mind next Sunday !
Amanda said…
I made Ellie'a pancakes this morning!!! :-) Thanks again for my pan!!
Pamela said…
They sound scrumptious and they look quite tempting! Hope you guys enjoyed them immensely!
The Blonde Duck said…
That looks like a perfect start to the week to me!
Cathy said…
These look awesome, Peggy! How perfect for a snowy morning!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake