TWD - Blueberry Crumb Cake

I really wanted to make this cake. And I will. Just not this week. But go to Sihan's blog at Fundamentally-flawed and check out the cake and recipe for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie. Sihan I apologize for not cooking with you this week. I love going to Sihan's blog each week. She has the most beautiful photos and is so creative with everything she bakes!

I'm not going to make a hundred excuses. Let's blame it on the weather. When it is warm and nice outside, I cannot be inside. I worked hard this weekend raking leaves, cutting bushes, washing the patio. Found a blue snake at the lake. Does anyone know what a blue snake might be? It was almost a neon color.

We got new patio furniture also. We wanted pretty but comfortable. And we got it! I'm very excited by it. I'll share this picture with you. Note the plastic wrap is still on it. We're thinking of leaving it that way. Some people leave the plastic on their lampshades to protect them from the dust, so I figured, why not on the cushions for my patio set as well? I'm joking of course. Don't you love a comfy wicker set? I wanted to lounge in it all weekend!!

And for all you who have come to expect a little something something with my post in the way of eye candy, I chose one of my favorites this week from Grey's Anatomy. Patrick Dempsey. Need I say more? Yum. Check back on Thursday for Mango Chicken.

Comments

LyB said…
Oh, I'll take the eye candy over Blueberry crumb cake any day. Yum, indeed. :)
Nancy/n.o.e said…
Well, it's a toss up between the cake, Patrick Dempsey, and the patio furniture! Seriously, I am dying for a screen porch and some comfy furniture to put on it, but that is probably going to have to wait a loooong time. The coffee cake is good; great for a future rainy day. If your forecast is anything like ours, you'll have a few of those coming up.
Sihan said…
haha. Oh well, you're forgiven this time.. if you give me a piece of that eye candy. * tee hee*
Audrey said…
If you make this cake, though, McDreamy will finally dump Mer (what does he see in her? I don't get it.), sit on your porch, and gaze into your eyes. Promise. As a matter of fact, I'll come over just to make sure. (PS I've been having the McDreamy - McSteamy debate with my nieces. Alas, they are so young and misguided. Lucky they have me.)
Marthe said…
Great eye candy ;)
Maria said…
I want to get outside furniture, we still have snow so I guess I have some time:) It looks nice!
Cathy said…
I baked this earlier in the month, which was lucky, because there is no way I would have been able to bake this weekend! Thank you for that picture of McDreamy. I still can't believe he was once cast as the nerd in "Can't Buy Me Love."
Pamela said…
Yeah!! New patio furniture! I love a wicker set, it just says lazy day to me. Enjoy it!
TeaLady said…
Wish he was my doctor. Then we could share the crumb cake.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake