BAREFOOT BLOGGERS - HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND!

Penny from Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen chose Grilled Herb Shrimp this week for our Barefoot Bloggers challenge.  Unfortunately, I am deathly allergic to shellfish and had to pass on this one.  Sometimes I will go ahead and make the recipe and just substitute chicken, but because the holiday weekend is coming up and I am busy getting ready to go on vacation, I had to pass.  Sorry Penny!  Please go to Penny's blog and check hers out and get the recipe there or you can find it in Barefoot Contessa Parties! on page 138.  Penny has a beautiful blog with gorgeous photos that is truly worth a look see.

On a side note, I have a perfect pound cake recipe that I make occasionally.  I for some reason decided to try a different one last night to take on our trip with us.  I thought a Sour Cream Pound Cake sounded good so I found a Paula Deen recipe to use.  It turned out perfectly, but I think my old recipe is better.  I'll post it with a photo and reviews from the family when I return.

Reminder - let's all remember our soldiers this weekend! 

Comments

natalia said…
Ciao Peggy ! Just leaving a kiss !
Marthe said…
Have a great weekend!
Penny said…
Peggy, Sorry you are allergic to shrimp, but thanks for the shout out. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.
AmyRuth said…
Hi Peggy,
You are a sweetheart! You would really bake along with me? That would be awesome, my friend. Hope all is going well for you. Take care and thanks so much for stopping by for a chat.
AmyRuth

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake