Thursday, September 16, 2010

CEiMB - Whole Wheat Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup

Hostess this Week:  Melissa of http://itsmelissaskitchen.blogspot.com/

I have been under the weather this week with a touch of strep throat.  I'll be fine soon.. . I hope?  Got a cortisone shot yesterday which kept me wide awake all night last night, but it did give me a tiny bit of relief.  So this will be a quick post! 

For those of you who are movie buffs like me, I saw a cute movie last weekend that I got from Netflix.  Killers starring Kutcher and Heigl.   If you liked Brad and Angie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith, you will like this one as well.

I am not a huge fan of whole wheat pancakes, so I mixed half and half flour, regular and whole wheat.  The strawberry syrup was very easy to mix up.  I wish the strawberries had a richer color in these photos. Click here to go see what the other members of CEiMB came up with.  http://cravingellieinmybelly.blogspot.com/
I love this syrup.  Target brand.
While these were good pancakes, and the strawberry syrup was delicious, I think I like just plain syrup on mine the best! 

7 comments:

Joanne said...

That plate of pancakes looks so good. I'm ready for more!
Agree on the plain syrup. I like my fruit whole, fresh and on the side.

Shandy said...

Your plate of strawberry pancakes looks delicious! My strawberry sauce color did not look as bright as I would have liked it either.

I am so sorry you have strep throat; you poor thing! AND I can not even imagine a cortisone (sp?) shot. Ouch! I hope you get feeling better ASAP and talk to you soon, Shandy

Sweet and Savory said...

Beautiful photo. Pancakes look yummy as does the sauce.

I love maple syrup also but strawberry sauce is also delicious.

Bri said...

I hope you're starting to feel better by now. Great job on the pancakes. I'm so proud of you for making them even though you were sick!

Liz said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better! I used to get strep a lot so I know how miserable that is :( Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Pancakes look great; I am so behind in my blogging lately... silly life getting in the way of my cooking! Bah!

Leslie said...

Umm, I would turn down those pancakes, with or without the strawberry syrup. But with maple syrup? I might get pushy to have them all to myself.

I hope you're feeling better! I'm so behind on commenting that I wish I'd seen your note earlier. Take care of yourself. Peggy!

Kayte said...

It's breakfast time right now here and I am looking at these and wondering if I can make just two from this recipe...they look so good. Love how you thought to put some strawberries on the plate as well, very nice.