TWD - Cranberry Upside Downer, but there is nothing down about it!

Hostess for this week:  Sabrina of http://www.superfluouslysabro.blogspot.com/

I was so excited when Sabrina (one of my favorite bloggers) chose this Cranberry Upside-Downer.  I have been eyeing this recipe for two years now and I do not know why I have not made it before now.  I now have it in my head for a Thanksgiving treat when my children are here from out of town. 

It was very easy to mix up.  I had all the ingredients on hand which is always a plus!  Actually had cranberries and pecans in the freezer.  Going to the grocery store is not my favorite thing.  You can go to Sabrina's blog by clicking on the link above and get the recipe for this if you do not have a copy of Dorie's book.

While this was baking, I accomplished another chore that I have been putting off.  Cleaning out my linen closet!  All the sheets, towels, etc. were crumpled up and thrown in there one on top of the other.  Now they are all nice and neatly stacked.  I am a positively crazy when it comes to sheet folding.  Love them flat and neat.  What a difference it makes now to open the door to that closet!!   Okay, I get excited by the small things in life.  My friend at work says the easiest way to fold sheets is to take them off the bed, wash them, and then put them right back on.  I have to agree that is an intelligent solution!

Definitely will be serving this at Thanksgiving!  I have to say I think it is best eaten the same day however!  Have a great week!

Comments

Unknown said…
I bet warm this was to die for
Cakelaw said…
This looks great! I am intrigued by fresh cranberries - I have never, ever seen any. LOL - you are welcome to come and do the same for my linen closet (and just about any of my closets - they are a mess!).
chocolatechic said…
Beautiful cake.

I went totally different
Mary said…
This looks great! It's the first cranberry one I've seen , and I think I'll have to try it for Thanksgiving too.
:)
Delicious and Pretty! Fun stopping by your sweet place here :)

Kindly, ldh
Di said…
I have to agree--I love recipes that call for stuff I always have on hand. =) Your cake looks delicious.
Sabrina said…
Beautiful job! This one was a great one to make!! :)
Paula said…
Oh Peggy, that turned out great. I have thought about freezing cranberries but never have. Guess I will try it this year.
Anne said…
Your cake looks amazing with the cranberries! Glad it was a hit!
Cindy said…
Clean closets do feel good! And this cranberry treat is delish!
Hindy said…
Your cake looks delicious. Glad it was enjoyed.
Flourchild said…
Im glad you enjoyed..you must love it if it's worthy to serve Thanksgiving day! I loved it too!
Tia said…
wonderful colors and presentation! I did a White Peach version.
Anonymous said…
i'll most likely be serving this for turkey day as well. its too 'autumn-y' not to ;)
Judy said…
Lovely cake! It never hurts to have cranberries in the freezer. I believe this cake will become one of our Thanksgiving traditions.
TeaLady said…
Sounds like my linen closet. Need to get into mine really soon.

Upside downer looks lovely. I love how the juices flowed into the cake.
Katrina said…
You cake looks perfect, as good as the photo in the book!
margot said…
Your cake looks fabulous! I felt the same way about this cake: I had been wanting to make it forever. I don't know why it never occurs to me to make recipes before they're selected.

Way to multitask!
natalia said…
Ciao Peggy ! What a wonderful looking cake !(is the closet better looking ?) Love
Anonymous said…
Your cake looks lovely, especially on the nice plate. I'm with you on closets - it's so nice to open the door and see everything nicely organized!
Cathy said…
This will be my Thanksgiving treat too, Peggy! Yours looks wonderful! I'm so glad that you and C enjoyed. D loved it too, although he did no get much. And I totally agree that washing, drying and putting sheets right back on the bed is the way to go. I think I'll clean out my linen closet this weekend!
Shandy said…
Gorgeous upside-downer cranberry cake! The red color is a show-stopper. The cake is so moist and I am always a little worried about flipping a hot cake over on a plate but this one seemed to be a breeze.

I know the feeling of getting little annoying choirs done and feeling a big sense of accomplishment. Sometimes, they can make your whole day!
sheet folding drives me nuts-- i can never get the fitted sheet folded nicely! your cake's a stunner!
Beth said…
What a stunning cake. I can't wait to try it!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake