INA'S GARDEN - Grown Up Macaroni and Cheese

In our new Barefoot Contessa group, the choose your own recipe linky theme of "Pasta with Pizazz" was chosen this week by Chaya of Bizzy B. Bakes and Comfy Cook’s Kosher Kitchen. 


We could choose any pasta recipe from the Barefoot Contessa's collection of recipes.  I chose the grown up macaroni and cheese because it is comfort food to me.  I might even jump out there and proclaim that it is my favorite food of all foods!

The one thing that did not delight me about the recipe was that it contained bleu cheese. Neither I nor my DH enjoy bleu cheese. I only used half what the recipe called for.  I did use the gruyere (which I love) and a sharp cheddar. I put some Italian herbs in my bread crumbs instead of the fresh basil.  My DH said it was the best macaroni and cheese he had ever tasted in his life. I thought it might be a bit better if my bread crumbs had been larger. I guess I got a bit carried away with the food processor.  Gadgets make me happy so sometimes I tend to go too far.  My photo of this mac and cheese does not do it justice.  You should try it!  You can find the recipe for the macaroni and cheese here.

Louanne of Louanne's Kitchen has chosen Tabbouleh for our June 2nd recipe.
Also, check out our new blogsite http://gartenofina.blogspot.com/

Leave your linky below if you have a favorite pasta dish of the Barefoot Contessa you want to share with us this week. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
You know, I've seen Ina make this on her show, but I don't remember the bleu cheese aspect. I'm not sure how that would taste against the other cheeses, but yours turned out great looking!
April J Harris said…
Your version of Ina's Mac and Cheese looks really delicious and the recipe sounds lovely. I'm really glad that you dealt with the bleu cheese side of things, because I am not fond of it either! It's good to know that you can cut it down and the recipe still turns out great. I think I'm going to have to make this soon!
I have never had blue cheese with mac and cheese and I am not sure how I would feel about it. Yours certainly looks tempting.
Rita said…
Mac and cheese is one of my favourite things and I love trying new recipes; Of course I printed it out. I love blue cheese, but now in Mac and cheese, so I will follow your way.
Rita
Julie said…
I love mac and cheese, this looks so delicious!!!
This sounds to die for. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake