TWD - Basic Marbled Loaf Cake

Hostess this week is Carol of The Bake More

I have to thank thank thank Carol for choosing this basic marbled loaf cake.  I might have passed right by this in the book and never made it had she not chosen it this week.  I have to say this was delicious!!  One of the best loaf cakes I have tasted or baked.  Such a simple cake, easy to make, and such flavor.  And the smell. .. .just amazing.

I used Dorie's white chocolate and peppermint version and we just loved it.  I'm not the best marbler but I had a great time making this and trying my best to make the marble work just right.  I used Dorie's method of putting alternating rows of cake batter and then using the knife to slightly zigzag through them.  I did cook mine about ten minutes less than Dorie suggested and it was perfect.  Very moist.

I think I cut it a tiny bit before it was cool enough because I had trouble with crumbs while I was trying to photograph it.  But what's a few crumbs on the side, right?

We loved it and I highly recommend you hop over to Carol's webpage (on the link above) and get the recipe and try it for yourself.  There are so many variations you could use with this cake.  I want to try butterscotch next time.  Grab a fork and a glass of milk and join me while I eat another slice of this!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your marbled cake is perfection. Great post!
Pamela said…
Very good cake and one that I might have passed up as well. Glad I didn't!
I've got to try the peppermint/chocolate combo soon. I did Cardamom & Espresso - very tasty! :) Yours looks great!
Cindy said…
Beautiful swirl! This was a yummy cake. I want to try chocolate/orange.
Unknown said…
I can never wait until things are perfectly cool, either. The cake looks fantastic!
Nicole said…
I like the recipes that are being chosen now, they're like hidden gems in the book! I liked this a lot but I'm sure I would have skipped over in otherwise, too.
TeaLady said…
Now THAT'S a cake I could get into. Slice Please!!

Maybe chocolate nad PB!!
Valerie Gamine said…
Waiting is sometimes the hardest part. :D
Beautiful cake...I'm loving all that chocolate swirl action!
The Bake More said…
Ohhh, your cake looks so moist and delicious. And the crumbs make it that must more appealing. Thanks for baking with me this week. --- Carol
natalia said…
Ciao Peggy ! You know how much I would love to join you for coffee !
Rita said…
This looks fantastic Peggy. I really needed a new loaf recipe and here it is; thank you.
Rita
Joanne said…
It looks great. It reminds me of a marbled pound cake.
Kayte said…
Gorgeous! Marbling is definitely your thing...very nice.
The Honey Nut said…
The marble effect looks so pretty!! I like the chocolate/peppermint combo and I agree, but I agree butterscotch sounds great too. Maybe I will try that variation next!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake