Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bal's No Butter Chicken and Corn with Aromatic Seasonings

Last night some of my twitter friends and I made an Indian dinner together.  It was my first time to "cook together" with someone while tweeting about it.  I added a little drama to the session when my first attempt at chopping onion caused me to drop my knife.  On its way to the floor, it made a slight detour and swiped my leg which took me to the ER for a few stitches.  Ouch.  My kitchen looked like a murder had occurred!  When I returned, I cleaned up everything and still managed to cook along with Kayte and Margaret.  I think Leslie cooked later.  Abby and Katie used tofu in theirs.  The meal was delicious.
We made Bal's No Butter Chicken and Madhur Jaffrey’s Corn With Aromatic Seasonings as a side.  The sweet cream of the corn was a nice coolness against the spicey hot chicken.  Although this recipe is not too hot.  It is just right.   I am definitely going to make this again soon.  It was quick and easy to prepare.  A perfect meal to end a wild and crazy day.

6 comments:

Kayte said...

Quick and easy to prepare? LOL...including the trip to the ER?? I have to say you gave us all a fright when we found out you had cut yourself so badly to need stitches...my goodness, that's a first for a Twittercook/bake along! Hope it is feeling better today. Thanks for cooking and inspiring me...always fun to cook with others. Yours looks wonderful and you are right about the corn adding a nice cool touch, I hadn't thought of that aspect, but it did. I am making this again soon as well. Next up are Kabobs and Margaret's veggie dish. Can't wait.

TeaLady said...

Always exciting in a TwitterCook. Maybe not THAT exciting, but..

I am so glad you were with us for this meal. And so very glad you enjoyed it. I hope you will join us for more.

Always fun to have others 'in the kitchen'.

Hope your leg is better this morning.

yummychunklet said...

I love making butter chicken, but I'll try this recipe because your dish looks delicious!

All Things Yummy said...

Glad you are ok. That would have ended my cooking for the night as a cried like a baby over my wounds. LOL

Katie said...

So glad you ended up alright and with a delicious looking dish in the end! This was a great dish to try, and it was fun to cook alongside you!

Abby said...

I can't believe a Twittercook injury! And that you didn't let it slow you down. =) So glad you are okay and that you enjoyed the meal...it was a bit too spicy for me, but otherwise quite delicious!