TWD - Dark Chocolate Sorbet

This week's TWD was a sorbet recipe.  Steph of a Whisk and a Spoon chose this for us.  Steph has some wonderful treats on her blog.  Check them out!

I treated myself this month to a new ice cream maker - the Cuisinart.  I was tired of the old salt and ice routine.  This was the perfect time for me to use it.  It does not hold a lot of ice cream, but that is perfect for us since it is just the two of us.

I followed Dorie's recipe and then at the last minute I added just a pinch of kosher salt, and a handful of butterscotch morsels.  Oh this was so tasty!  Now I'm thinking peanut butter morsels would have been even better.  Our only problem with it was it melted very rapidly.  As soon as we spooned it into our bowls, it started to melt.  So a lot of it tasted like chocolate water.  Did I do something wrong?
You can get the recipe at Steph's blog.  It is really easy to make.

Comments

Katrina said…
Hmm, I don't know why I've heard more than one say it melted so fast. Mine didn't any of the three times. The one with skim milk was a little softer, but was still fine while I eat it. It's goodness makes up for that, right? ;)
TeaLady said…
Mine was a little melty, but not that much. PB chips would have been perfect. YUM!!
Rita said…
Congratulations! an ice cream maker; one thing I don't have.Fun time ahead for you.
I love your header.
Rita
Mine was a little melty, as well. I just chalked it up to the 115-degree heat! And I'm with M - peanut butter chips sound FAB! :)
Anonymous said…
Melty is good! Sorbet soup - I would absolutely go for that!
Photo looks delicious :)
Mary
Valerie Gamine said…
Great idea to add butterscotch chips, it looks fantastic with the added texture!
Unknown said…
Mine wasn't very melty either, but it was grainy so a bit of a trade-off I guess? Hooray for a new ice cream maker - perfect for summer!
Cakelaw said…
Mmmm, butterscotch morsels ... Love it!
Anonymous said…
Looks fabulous with that cookie! Mine firmed up pretty well after a night in the freezer, but it did melt quickly after scooping it.
Di said…
Did you eat it right after churning, or let it harden in the freezer for a while first? I found that this is one recipe that really needs to have that hardening time, preferably overnight. Most ice cream you can get away with eating it soft-serve, but this one is just way too soft.

Oh well, you might just have to make it again for more practice, right? =P
i think a lot of us had melty ice cream...not sure why. your flavor combo ideas sound great. thanks for giving your new machine a try with this recipe!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake