Virtual Thanksgiving Party!

Our Twitter friend, Phyl, decided to organize a Thanksgiving roundup and I was lucky enough to be included.  Phyl is making the turkey while the rest of us are preparing the side dishes and dessert.  I had an idea that I wanted to do green beans with a twist.  I decided on Gingered Green Beans.  These were very easy to put together and we found them to be delicious.  This is a good trial run for a few Thanksgiving recipes and I am pretty sure already that I will be including these at my Thanksgiving table this year.

Phyl will be doing a roundup later this week so check out his webpage to see how the virtual "dinner" turned out.  Thank you Phyl for organizing and to all the other cooks who participated.  I cannot wait to get some new ideas and see what they made.

Here is my recipe for the beans:

One pack frozen whole green beans

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 small sweet onion, diced
1/2 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. seasoned pepper
1/4 cup toasted pecans
Three slices cooked bacon crumbled

Preparation
Cook green beans as package directs. 

Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes. Add beans, salt, and pepper; sauté 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and pecans.

Happy Thanksgiving early to everyone!  Thanks for stopping by. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
These look delicious! Definitely better than the old green bean casserole we're all used to.
Di said…
Good idea to add the pecans! And of course you can never go wrong with bacon. =)
Anonymous said…
I've made green beans with bacon but I like the addition of pecans. How delicious!
Rita said…
Love this idea for serving those green beans; I usualy go with almonds; your looks so much better.
Rita
Cakelaw said…
Great looking beans - not your average vege recipe.
Kayte said…
Yes, pile those up on my plate please! And I will have seconds, too, they look delicious!
Nancy/n.o.e said…
Bacon, pecans + ginger? Sounds like a great combination with green beans!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake