Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ready for Superbowl? Carla Vavalas Hot Wings

This week my friend Joanne of Applecrumbles and I made Carla Vavalas' hot wings.  This recipe is perfect this week since Superbowl Sunday is coming up!!  I will definitely be making these again!  They are very easy, inexpensive, and quick.  Not to mention delicious!

Joanne had warned me that they were a bit on the hot side, so I knew to cut back on the hot sauce.  My only problem was the recipe made 48 hot wings which were way too many for the two of us.  So I tried to accurately measure how much sauce I would need for the 12 wings I made for us, but I did not make quite enough sauce.  And the sauce was GREAT so I was a tad disappointed that all my wings were not completely covered in it.  I think I might have even liked to have had some extra to dip something in - bread, whatever!!

If you want the recipe, just email me!   Try these!!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow! Fantastic! Those chicken legs make me want to eat meat again! Great job Peggy :)

Kayte said...

Those look really really good! Superbowl Sunday has a whole new meaning as it is here in my city this year...and the traffic, people, lack of available restaurant reservations is wild! Your wings are wonderful.