FOFF - Thursdays with Carla Vavala


On Thursdays, my friend Joanne of Applecrumbles and I have been trying to cook our way through Carla Vavala's book Fusion of Food and Friends.  These recipes are heart healthy folks!!  And I have yet to make one of her recipes that was not tasty.  Check out Joanne's webpage to see what she has been cooking.

Broccoli would not be my first vegetable of choice, but neither would it be my last.  Preparing it this way, however, was a new and delicious taste to a familiar vegetable.  Very simple and quick to make as well.

Cut fresh broccoli florets.  Microwave them for 4 minutes.  Preheat oven to 400.  Splash broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder and cook for about 12 minutes in the oven.  Then sprinkle with lemon juice.

Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Seems like an easy and healthy recipe!!!
Joanne said…
I love broccoli so this one worked out good for me any which way. But roasting it was so easy and the splash of lemon made it perfect.
TeaLady said…
This looks mighty tasty!!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake