Valentines lasted for more than a day!

So for Valentine's this year we decided to cook together.  Now my DH is not a cook at all.  He barely knows how to open a can and heat it up.  But he was game for this.  So we started out Saturday morning making our grocery list.  I gave him one item to prepare - a side dish.  "Aren't you going to tell me what to cook," he asked.   I told him no that was part of the fun - the surprise of it all.  So I gave him a cookbook and he chose cauliflower.  Strange. . . I know, but it was delicious.  I chose to make a chicken dish I had seen on Rachel Ray's show last week and for dessert, some Nutella pastries.

Here is the cauliflower dish.  For me, it would have been better without the dijon mustard.   He did an excellent job of preparing it.  And he opened a bottle of pink champagne we had in the fridge for like four years.  I wondered if you could keep it that long, but it seemed to taste okay still.  It was so cold outside we enjoyed our night staying home.

The chicken dish was a bit bland for my tastes.  But Chandler liked it okay.  I think if I ever made this again, I would have to add more seasonings.  I forgot to put the parmesan cheese on the tomatoes.

Basically, it was a chicken breast wrapped in cheese and ham with a broiled tomato on top.  I guess that is a good way to simplify the description.  You can see the recipe here:
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/chicken-ham-and-mozzarella-and-broiled-tomatoes/

Now let's talk dessert.  OH MY.   I will have to say, this was the easiest dessert to prepare and we absolutely loved it.  We couldn't wait the next day to have the leftovers.  This is a definite keeper and I will be making it over and over again.  Because of this dessert, I have become a Nutella freak now.  Inside the delicious crescent roll dough is Nutella spread, a few chocolate chips, and three raspberries.


okay these are supposed to be in the shape of hearts, but. .  . I didn't shape them too well.  We really enjoyed our evening of cooking together though and definitely you should try the dessert.  You can find the recipe here:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chocolate-raspberry-hearts/db1da18d-3d98-4886-8578-ed8929fa5355

And now. . I am off to watch the season finale of Downton Abbey!!!!  Oh how I will miss you when you are gone.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Isn't it nice to get them into the kitchen. I am lucky in that B does cook some. SOME!! It all sounds good. Especially the cauliflower and Nutella treat!!
Anonymous said…
Peggy, I love the dessert, not to shun the cauliflower and chicken. An easy dessert that has yummy chocolate. Sounds like a "must make".
Anonymous said…
Peggy, I love the dessert, not to shun the cauliflower and chicken. An easy dessert that has yummy chocolate. Sounds like a "must make".

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake