Thursday, April 16, 2015

EwE - Tuscan Kale Salad

We have tried to love kale and we just do not.   Have tried it many different ways.  I wanted to try this recipe so I substituted some mixed greens for the kale.  It was delicious!  This was my first time to have pine nuts.  I liked them!   This salad is so easy to make and amazingly flavorful.  Just raisens, toasted pine nuts, greens, and a dressing made with olive oil, red wine vinegar.   Kayte chose this for us to try.  Check out our website at ewellie.wordpress.com



4 comments:

Sarah said...

Your version looks lovely. Sorry to hear you don't like kale. I think it has been so hyped in North America that it's been over-done in the food world there. I've been away and that has made it more desirable to me... I think that it is partly mental!

Chaya Selig said...

I subbed in spinach because I don't have kale but we do like it. I think, you can use greens for kale in almost anything. It certainly looks good.

Cakelaw said...

Nup, I can now say I am not a fan either. It seems rather tough compared with baby spinach.

Kayte said...

Love your version of this salad and think it was a wonderful sub if you don't like kale. I didn't know if I liked it or not as we had never had it (so I chose the recipe as a way to explore a new ingredient), and it turns out we love kale a whole lot. Happy that you liked the pine nuts as those have a unique taste just unto themselves, kinda fun to add to different things. I use them a lot in Greek cooking as they seem to use pine nuts a lot. Your salad looks beautiful. Going to try this with spinach as well as it was so simple, delicious, and healthy!