WWDH - Pear and Almond Galettes



It was my pic this week in our Wednesdays with Donna Hay group. I chose the pear and almond galettes.   Because I do not eat almonds however I substituted pecans.  I used red pears.  These came together so quickly and easily.  I did have to cook them a little bit longer than the recipe called for.  We really enjoyed them and had leftovers the next night!   I will definitely be making these over and over again.  I'm sure you could use apples or any other fruit or berries you chose.   They had a base of puff pastry sprinkled with nuts, Pear slices, brush with melted butter, and topped with some sugar!  You cannot get much easier than that!  If you do not have Donna Hay's Off the Shelf book you should go to Amazon right now and purchase it!  Check out our website to see what the others did with theirs.  Wwdh.wordpress.com



Comments

I do like pears and next time, I hope to use them in this easy but good recipe. Red pears look like apples, at least cooked. At first, I thought you subbed in apples. We get green pears here although, there might be red pears when in season.
Cakelaw said…
This was a good pick Peggy - the galettes were beautiful warm. They were just fussy at work, maybe because they were served cold the next day.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake