EwE - Guinness Beef Stew


Well it's Thursday again!   You all know what that means at my house.  Another delicious Ellie Krieger recipe.  This week is a hearty stew with Guinness beer, sirloin steak, potatoes carrots and  green peas.  It seems like every week I am leaving out one ingredient.  This time it was the green peas.  I went back the next day and added them!

This was a tasty stew but the beer flavor was a bit bitter to us.  I liked everything else about it.

Come join us or check out our website!  Ellie

  





Comments

Sarah said…
I love your bowl with the handles. Perfect for a filling stew that you eat on the couch, I say. We also really liked this and I thought it was amazing how fast it was.
Cakelaw said…
Your stew looks good, though I agree it has a rather bitter flavour from the stout. I liked it though.
TeaLady said…
And see, mine was bitter at all. Although I did miss bay leaves and garlic in the stew.
Kayte said…
Yum, stout beer in beef stew, yahoo...this was good, and maybe it was a little bitter but that is how I think of beer so I didn't mind it. Lol on the green peas with and sans photos, I almost forgot to put mine in as well. Oh, well, peas don't need much cooking time at all luckily. :-) Your stew looks lovely, I will make this one again so am happy to have this recipe in hand.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake