Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Eating with Ellie -Lunch!





This week Margaret chose our theme to be lunch.... Soup salad or sandwich!   Since I made egg salad sandwiches last week I decided to make soup this time.  I think I have made this before, but it was so good it was worth repeating,  i made Pasta fagioli with zucchini.  I did make one change to the recipe. Hamburger.  I just wanted some meat in there!  This soup is so easy to make even a beginner could prepare it.  I made some little cornbread muffins to go with it.  

I have to say, we love love love this soup.  My DH said it was the best soup he has had in a while!

You can find the recipe in Ellie's Weeknight Wonders cookbook.  The ingredients are diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, zucchini, chicken broth, and elbow macaroni.

Check out our website  ewellie.wordpress.com

1 comment:

Cakelaw said...

This does look good Peggy. I think I have made thus before too.