GFGF - Vegan Sweet Potato Skillet


So this week in my Good Friends Good Food group I chose sweet potatoes for our vegetable base.  I did not know what I wanted to prepare with the potatoes, but I knew I wanted to try something totally different.  I love baked sweet potatoes with lots of butter and brown sugar cinnamon topping.  I love sweet potato casserole with pecans, brown sugar and even mini marshmallows on top.  I love candied sweet potatoes.  But I made this sweet potato skillet.

We have been out of town all week at the beach seeing God’s beautiful creation. The ocean.  It is so amazing to me.  Nothing brings me peace like sitting listening to the waves crash against the shore.  We saw a pretty big shark one morning.  It was enough to keep us out of the water!

Okay back to the potato skillet.  I will admit I may have put a tad too much soy sauce because I did not measure it out.  This was supposed to be a main course.  We had some baked chicken along side it.  Would I make it again.  No.  The flavors of the ingredients just did not mix well for me.  But to each their own and there is someone out there who would truly love this.  The recipe is easy to prepare.


Ingredients

• 2 tbsp olive oil

• 3 cups sweet potato chopped into matchsticks

• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced

• 2 cloves garlic , minced

• 1/2 onion, diced

• 1/4 cup lemon juice

• 1/2 cup peas

• 1/2 cup sweet corn 

• 1 tsp salt

• 1 tsp paprika

• 1/3 cup flour

• 2 tbsp tomato paste

• 1/4 cup soy sauce

Cook the potatoes and onions in the oil for five minutes. Add the rest of ingredients and cook another five minutes or so until the mushrooms are cooked.  Serve.


Our other members are:

Comments

ostwestwind said…
Interesting combination.
Kayte said…
I can see where this could be good or not so much…different combinations than I am used to so it would be a “make and see” proposition. I’ve never had sweet potatoes with additional sweetening as they always seem sweet enough but maybe I should try a lightly sweetened recipe and explore that option. I would have tried your dish to see what these flavors do together but since you don’t recommend it, I’ll trust you on that. Good to try new things, you get points for that!!
TeaLady said…
Peggy, sorry this one didn’t work out for you. I can see where some of these ingredients might not necessarily go together not sure about that Sawyer sauce. But until you try something you never know, right?

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake