Good Friends Good Food - Butternut Squash, Apple, Cranberry Bake

 



This week in our GFGF group the theme was something you might add to your holiday table.  I wanted to do something with squash because I pretty much love all things squash.  This is a very simple recipe. The hardest part is cutting up the butternut squash.  But believe me it is worth it!   This dish is delicious and beautiful.  It would definitely be welcome at a holiday table or just for a weekly dinner. I served it with baked pork chops and asparagus.  Beautiful and delicious.  I might cut down on the sugar when I make it again.  The apples are naturally sweet and probably half the sugar would be enough.

Our other members of the group are:


Butternut Squash with Apple and Cranberries

Produce
1 Apple, medium cut into cubes
1/2 cup Cranberries

Condiments
1/4 cup butter melted

Baking & Spices
2 tbsp Brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground

Other
1 (1- 3/4) pound butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Put apple, squash and cranberries in pan.  Mix spices with butter and pour over top.  Cook covered for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  Uncover and cook 15 minutes more. Enjoy!

Comments

Kayte said…
This looks so delicious, Peggy. I would love to sit down to this. I haven’t ever mixed cranberries with butternut like this and now I’m wondering why…I’m going to try this over the weekend and it may end up on the holiday table here as well. Thanks!
Margaret said…
This looks delicious, Peggy. So colorful. Would be perfect on the holiday table.
Ulrike said…
This sounds like an interesting combination, looks beautiful
Kayte said…
I made this Peggy...it is so good and I'm going to serve it with the family Christmas dinner. I did a small test run version and it is just delicious. Thanks so much.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake