Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte

This week's recipe challenge comes from Amy of Food, Family and Fun. Thanks Amy!

Let’s see. . . . ooey gooey chocolate mixed with cool, tart raspberries. Yum.

I will say this dessert took some time to make. I did feel a bit chained to the kitchen for several hours even though it was just really waiting time. Not literally chained of course, and no, keep those comments to yourself! Just don't go there. My second layer of ganache did not seem to freeze as well or as quickly as my first layer. As you can see from my pictures, my layers are not quite even. I was also worried about the raw eggs so I put the chocolate into the microwave for a couple of minutes. Then I worried that I was messing up the ganache, but it seemed to turn out fine. I doubt the microwave got the mixture hot enough though in just two minutes to kill any bacteria, but it made me feel a bit better. Also, there was a slight techno difficulty along the preparation process. My food processor decided it was the energizer bunny and kept right on running even when I turned the button to off. I finally had to unplug it, plug it in, unplug it, plug it in. Not really safe, do you think? So I guess it will be off to the store to purchase myself a new one this weekend. I cannot live without a food processor, can you? All in all, I thought this was a very elegant dessert and very tasty! And as always, darling husband was licking the spoon.

Comments

Cathy said…
Peggy, your ice cream looks so pretty! Fushcia, rather than the pale pink that I got! I'm jealous. I think it looks fabulous!
TeaLady said…
THe ice cream looks really great. Yummy!
Amanda said…
Peggy, I love your torte. I really wish I had made the respberry ice cream now. I have got to buy a new food processor!!!
NKP said…
I love the colour of yours. Looks delicious.
Nancy/n.o.e said…
Whoa, those are pretty colors. I just got a food processor this summer and I have no idea how I existed without it!
Nancy
Mary said…
Hooray...now you get to buy yourself a new kitchen appliance. Happy Shopping! Your ice cream looks great....the color is awesome.
Mary
hoagiefest 2020 said…
Love it! I'm glad to see somebody else went with the tried and true recipe! Looks like everybody else just aimed to make me drool with new flavor combinations, despite their inherent unsexiness!
Julie said…
I knew you liked chains, you freak. haha!!! Looks perfect!
Shari said…
I couldn't live without a food processor for long either!! I love the rich color of your ice cream.
Prudy said…
That's beautiful and a great memorial and closing act for the dead food processor.:)
Nicole said…
Your torte looks gorgeous!
Teanna DiMicco said…
I'd lick the spoon too! That looks gorgeous!
Jules Someone said…
Very pretty! I love the raspberry ice cream and chocolate.
Lovely torte! The raspberry color is wonderful.

I love my food processor too.
Anonymous said…
Looks delish!

I am passing an award on to you! You can grab it and the rules here ~ http://nancysrecipes.wordpress.com/2008/09/08/an-award/

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake