CEiMB - Chocolate Cherry-Almond Biscotti

Hosted by Enjoying My Favorite Things you can find the recipe for this biscotti on page 302 of Ellie Krieger's cookbook, Craving Ellie in My Belly.

I love biscotti. I made big fat whole wheat biscotti with dried cherries, almonds, and chopped dark chocolate. I was out of sugar so I had to use half sugar and half brown sugar. Here it is before it baked. I think I should have flattened the log out more, but the recipe said 10x3 which is what I did.

Here is the finished product. They were slightly crumbly. I personally needed them to be a bit sweeter.

I also made chicken pot pie in my brand new ramekins that were a gift at Christmas. Apparently, these ramekins are special because my son and daughter-in-law went to a lot of trouble to get them for me. They first bought seven ounce ramekins. Then, in a conversation I told them I wanted big ramekins. So they ordered ten ounce ones for me and took the seven ounce ones back. They said I better like the ten ounce ones and I DO! They are just perfect. I also tried out my new pie cutters that my boss Heather gave me for my birthday. And by the way, she has the most adorable triplets! Try the biscotti. You might like it. And HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!! I'm going to eat and dance the night away.

Comments

The Blonde Duck said…
Chicken pot pie? Yum! I'm going to make some this weekend. You've inspired me.
Anonymous said…
Yum! I love biscotti too. Your pot pies look great too.
These look quite delectable! Please enjoy some for me and have a wonderful New Year!
TeaLady said…
Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year.
natalia said…
Dear Peggy ciao ! I love the chicken pies and the biscotti ! Have a wonderful new year (maybe a bit italian ?). Baci
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year. I would have loved the biscotti to be sweeter too.
Cathy said…
Happy New Year, Peggy! Your biscotti look GREAT! Mine were pretty chunky too. They weren't overly sweet, but I liked them. Your 10 oz. pot pies look GREAT! I can't wait to see what else you cook up in those ramekins in 2009!
Mary Ann said…
Sorry you didn't find the biscotti when you came to my blog! I just didn't get to them. Yours look good though. and the mini ramekins filled with pot pie look fab!
I love everything mini!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake