Sorry, no TWD this week

I love lemon. I really really love lemons. But after reading all the reviews of this week's challenge, I opted not to make it. Everyone said it was eggy and Leggy Peggy doesn't love eggy. I'll be back on Thursday with some good fish tales, and next week will be French Yogurt Cake. Check back in if either of those interest you! Meanwhile, go over to Tuesdays with Dorie and check out what all the other fabulous bakers made this week!

I did make a chocolate cake this weekend with ganache on top and some toffee bits thrown on there. Shared with a few friends of mine, I did. Sometimes the simplest things can taste heavenly.

Have a great week!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too bad! No eye-candy this week either? :(
Di said…
I don't like eggy either. I had a small taste, which confirmed what I already knew--I don't like baked custard. But my husband really enjoyed it. =)

Your chocolate cake sounds delicious!
Marthe said…
The cake you made sounds perfect! I didn't make the custard either...
Sabrina said…
You did not miss anything. I mean it was something im glad i attempted. But i do not like eggy at all!
So on to next week!
Sabrina said…
P.S. Im with Pinkstripes... more eye candy please!!!! mmmmmm! way better than eggy custard!
Maria said…
That toffee cake sounds divine!
natalia said…
Well I would have liked to see it if not eat it !
Cathy said…
Okay, Leggy Peggy (and you ARE leggy!), we'll give you a bye this week. It was definitely eggy, no way around it. Have you made the lemon cake yet? ooooooooh mama!
Aww, I'm not an eggy fan either, so I was prepared for disappointment with this recipe. Your chocolate cake with toffee bits sounds wonderful though! See you next week :)
Nancy/n.o.e said…
Sorry about the eggy aversion; eggs are just about my favorite food! Your choc cake sounds fab and I think you'll like the yogurt cake.
Nancy
Pamela said…
I didn't know, Peggy...that you were so leggy. :O) I don't do eggy either, so I made lemon cakes instead. They were quite yummy. See you on Thursday!
TeaLady said…
And some of us liked it. Mine didn't taste eggy, but....

Next week??
AmyRuth said…
Yummm kinda hungry for chocolate here....any cake left? Sounds yummy. Sorry your were scared away from the custard. Do you like brulee? See ya next week.
AmyRuth

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake