CEiMB and Barefoot Bloggers - Stuffed Turkey Burgers and Frozen Mango Banana Daiquiris

As you read this, I am most likely roaming the streets of Venice, or perhaps enjoying gelato in Florence. Yes, okay, eat your heart out! I was trying to figure out how I could manage to cook everything before I left and I could not believe my luck when I saw Veronica of Supermarket Serenade had chosen Frozen Daiquiris for this week's Barefoot Bloggers choice!

We were having a lazy Saturday afternoon, the yankee was paying some bills, and I handed him this delicious concoction to try. We put away the checkbooks (I mean what fun is that, paying bills?) and put in our Netflix movie of the week, Confessions of a Shopaholic. While we watched, we sipped. Yum.


They were not quite as "frozen" as I would have liked, but they were delicious nonetheless. The only change I made was to use spiced rum because that is what I had on had. Thanks Veronica - I owe you one for this great pick!


Mango Banana Daiquiris
serves 4
2 cups chopped ripe mango (1 to 2 mangos, peeled and seeded)
1 ripe banana, chopped
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (4 limes)
1/4 cup sugar syrup*
1 1/4 cups dark rum, such as Mount Gay
Mango slices, for serving
Place the mango, banana, lime juice, sugar syrup, and rum in a blender and process until smooth. Add 2 cups of ice and process again until smooth and thick. Serve ice-cold in highball glasses with the mango slices.
*To make simple syrup, heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Chill.

Comments

Cathy said…
Peggy, can you believe that we were at the beach last week and I didn't make these? I didn't read the BB August recipes in time. I'm going to make them this weekend, especially after reading your wonderful review! They look great - glad you enjoyed!
Anonymous said…
I need one of these after this week. Please pour me one!

(actually I probably also need the beach vacation that goes along with it too. :P)
Suzie said…
Hope Italy was fabulous. I love your sugar crusted glasses - the cocktails look great.
Pamela said…
Enjoy Italy!! I'm jealous, that's for sure! Hope you have a supremely wonderful time!
Veronica said…
I hope you're having a wonderful trip! I'm so glad you enjoyed the Daiquiris! Cheers!
Kathy Walker said…
There must be an Italian daiquiri...if not, these are worthy of a remake!
Tammy said…
Florence? Sound like heaven. Your daiquiris look delish!
AmyRuth said…
You're on....only if it comes with a Margarita. Def, def, definitely want both!!!! he he

PS I've been in a blog summer funk! You?
Looks like you're rolling right along. Great job and your food looks delicious.
AmyRuth
Leslie said…
This was a great pick! Yours look yummy. I hope you have a great time in Italy!
Di said…
Mmm, I love daiquiris. Not a fan of banana in mine, but I've made Mango Peach before. If you want it more frozen, try using frozen mango (or other fruit) in place of some or all of the ice.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake