Ina's Garden - Zucchini Graten

This week in our Ina's Garden group, the theme was Vegetable Delight and I am the host for our group.  I chose Ina's Zucchini Graten.  I am not in love with zucchini, but I do like squash casseroles so I was hoping Ina's zucchini would spur me on for this abundant summer vegetable.  It was very good and the topping was so crunchy and delicious.  I'm not "in love" yet, but it was a very good dish if you like zucchini. I used Vidalia onions in it - they are the best - so sweet and delicious.  This was easy to prepare.  Chandler loved it.  I served it with a pork tenderloin and a tortellini salad.  I would highly recommend you try this for a wonderful side dish.

If you have made any Ina Garten squash dish, please leave your linky below.  Just be sure as a courtesy to mention our group in your post.  Thank you.  Check out our webpage for upcoming themes and recipes.  http://gartenofina.blogspot.com/

Our theme for July 21 is Sweet Baked Love chosen by Mia.  Jump on board and make something sweet from Ina's collection and leave your linky on the 21st!!  We would love to see what you come up with.

You can find the recipe for the zucchini graten here.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Peggy, this was a great choice! I'm not a huge fan of zucchini like you, but I really enjoyed this one enough to want to make it again! Yours looks delicious.
April J Harris said…
Your gratin looks lovely, Peggy. It would be delicious with the tenderloin and the tortellini salad - what a wonderful meal!
Kayte said…
Love, love, love this dish of Ina's and have made it countless times during zucchini season. Yours looks great.
Unknown said…
Looks lovely, a great side dish I agree.
Rita said…
Great way to serve that zuchini; those ingredients would melt together. Love your header Peggy!
Rita
Katie said…
Peggy--This zucchini dish looks fantastic. I rarely cook with zucchini because it can be too bland, but this recipe looks like it imparts a lot of flavor into the vegetable.
TeaLady said…
When I was looking for an Ina avatar for Twitter This was one of the two recipes I was seriously considering. Considering how wonderful that looks It is still on my list!!
Joanne said…
Any which way you cook zucchini, it turns out one of my favorite veg. The gratin idea is superb. It looks great.
Unknown said…
Yours looks so delicious, Peggy. And, I'm drooling over the rest of your yummy meal....
Anonymous said…
I love zucchini and squash casserole, and this one looks delicious, Peggy. Great choice! I will have to add this to my menu very soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake