Carla Vavala's Potato Pea Soup

A few of us are working our way through Carla Vavala's book, Fusion + Friends.  It is a healthy choice of recipes.  This week I chose the Potato and Pea soup since it is getting chilly here in Alabama.  I also like to try and do a meatless meal on Mondays. 

It was easy to put together and then you simmer for two hours.  Basically you cook the onions, celery and garlic in a little olive oil, then add potatoes, peas, tomato sauce and at the end I added some small penne pasta to finish it off.

Chandler is suffering from a cold this week so he was delighted that I made soup.  And he ate two bowls of it and took one for his lunch today.  He said "it is delicious."  I think soup just hits the spot when you are congested, but it was a very good soup.  I halved the recipe and it still made a good sized pot of soup.


Check out Joanne's webpage at Applecrumbles for the recipe.

Comments

Joanne said…
Ditto! Great soup that goes a long way. We loved it too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake