FOFF - Asian Salad

If you check out Joanne's version of this you will see two totally different versions.   I'd put my money that her version is the better one!

The recipe called for beef flavored Japanese noodles.  I assumed it was Ramen, but when I got to the store, there were all sorts of noodles in the asian section but they were out of ramen unless you wanted a 12 pack size.  So I thought, "hmm. . .salad. . these crunchy ones would be good!"  I added some thin spaghetti as well.



Check this one out.  Easy to make and healthy to boot!  Full of healthy stuff.  Zucchini, water chestnuts, a semi-hot dressing over the top. . . Chan is going to love this!

1 pkg steamed edamame
1 can of whole water chestnuts (I used sliced)
1 package beef flavored Japanese noodles
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small fresh zucchini chopped small
1/2 cup cashews (I left these off because I do not care for cashews)
1/2 package fresh broccoli slaw

Dressing:
1 T crushed red pepper
102 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 T. sesame oil
3 T rice vinegar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp. soy sauce
small sprinkle of the beef seasoning from the noodles (obviously I left this out)
Cook noodles.  Let cool  Add other ingredients, then top with dressing.  Chill for 20-30 minutes and serve.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice! Thanks for sharing :)
pinkstripes said…
How funny! The flavors sound great.
Joanne said…
I bet the salad was superb with the crunchy noodles. I love those things right out of the bag!
Great job, Peggy.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake