VIRTUAL TRAVEL TO SWEDEN WITH MY KITCHEN MY WORLD!

!
Well hello world!  Our group this month decided to cook foods from Sweden.  The first thing that came to my mind of course was Swedish Meatballs.  But I wanted to try something a little less ordinary.  I was watching the Rachel Ray show one morning this week and she prepared a dish called Swedish Sailor's Beef and Potato Casserole.  I knew that was it for me!!

First I browned the meat.  I used bottom round steak just as Rachel suggested, but I think next time I would just go with top round steak.

Next you saute up some onions with a few seasonings and butter,


then you layer sliced potatoes, then top with onions, then meat, and repeat repeat.  Pour a bottle of light beer (I used Sam Adams Summer Ale) over it, cover it and let it cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours on 275.  As you can see, I could have used a little more steak to top it with, but for just the two of us I was trying to get buy with six slices.



Delicious and hearty! The beer makes it tender and juicy.  You can cut the steak with a fork.  I served with a slice of cantaloupe and it made a delicious meal for us.
You can get the recipe here:  http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/swedish-sailors-beef-and-potato-casserole/

Hurry over to mkmw.wordpress.com and see what delicious recipes the other ladies prepared for their Swedish visit.  Next month is Tonga.  Come join us!!

Comments

Joanne said…
That looks so good! I know Ted would take your recipe over the meatballs any day ;)
TeaLady said…
This looks really good, and filling. Great choice.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake