Eating With Ellie - Thai Pad Noodle Salad



Thai pad noodle salad.   The recipe I simply would have overlooked normally since no shellfish for me.  But I decided to substitute chicken and give it a try.   Am I glad I did!   Maybe I was just in the mood for it. But honestly it was the BEST lunch I've had in a long time.  I wanted to eat the entire bowl.   I halved the recipe so it really makes a lot.  Lucky for Chandler he gets the other half for his lunch today and I am jealous.  I will make this again and again but I will most likely leave out the scrambled egg. I did not think it added anything to the salad.   I used rotisserie chicken for the ease of it.  Tai-pad  noodles, carrots, Napa cabbage, fresh basil with a tangy dressing made from siricha sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil and lime juice!  I left out the mint and peanuts.  The cabbage had a nice crunch to it.  And the rice noodles were oh so good!  
Thank you Glennis for choosing this!
Come cook with us.  Check us out at Ellie




Comments

Sarah said…
Fantastic! I also loved this and can see myself making it a lot more. I put some shredded roasted chicken on top for my husband and just ate mine with the egg. There are leftovers for tomorrow and I'll put prawns on that one.
I made it with chicken also and I liked it warm better than as a cold salad. I agree with, this is a winner.
Kayte said…
Looks wonderful. I didn't get to this last week so I will make it for makeup week. From all accounts, it was a hit with everyone but Margaret, which surprises me as she loves shrimp! Your use of chicken looks wonderful as well, I could be very happy with that!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake