EwE - pasta puttanesca

Gaye chose "perfect pasta" for our theme this week.  Italian food is not always my favorite (though it is for my DH), but I am all about some good spaghetti.   I found this recipe online Here

Just a little background on Ellie Krieger.   Ellie is a dietitian and host of the food networks "healthy eating."  She has a masters degree from Columbia University.  She knows all about making food healthy yet maintaining flavor and aroma.  

What do we know about puttanesca sauce?   I did a little research and it literally means "in the style of the whore."  Legend says the ladies of the evening would cook this pasta while entertaining their gentlemen callers.   I can assure you the only gentleman caller I will serve this to is my Dh who could eat pasta every day of the week!

This is a delicious dish that is easily put together.  I served this as a side dish with chicken crescents.


Our website is: Ellie
:

Comments

Kayte said…
Looks great! My DH could eat pasta every day of the week also. Italian food is his favorite. I have made this recipe before and it is delicious. I did know that about the origin of the dish, but it was fun to read about it again, and makes this blog entry about as racy as I have ever seen it! ;-) Great choice. I just posted mine...I had the flu yesterday and could not sit at the computer to get it typed up...and I want my money back as I had a flu shot this year!! Yuck. lol
Cakelaw said…
Pasta puttanesca is a favourite of mine, even though I, too, am not big on pasta. This looks great.
TeaLady said…
I have made this before and it IS delicious. I use brown rice or quinoa pasta so I don't feel bad about eating too much pasta. I really need to make this again.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake