TWD-Dories's Pfefferneusse cookies

#cookiesandkindness
#cookieswithkindness

For  Tuesdays with Dorie, Dorie's Cookies.   Can you pronounce pfefferneusse?  I would say the proper way is feffer nussa.  If you disagree, please tell me!  The name means pepper nut and both are ingredients in this delicious cookie, along with several other flavorful spices.  I used lemon zest in mine.  My kitchen smells so good!   I love baking things that fill the house with spicey goodness.  I only cooked these eighteen minutes instead of the 20-22 indicated.  And they are plenty done.  These are the perfect cookie to eat while you have an afternoon cup of tea or coffee.  Just slightly sweet and nicely flavored.  Love them!
Cannot resist adding this comic:



Check out our website at Dorie


Comments

Nicole said…
Glad you liked these, and cute, punny, cartoon!
flour.ish.en said…
I have never tasted or made these cookies. Thank you for showing us how pfefferneusse is pronounced.
Making these cookies are a first one for me! Yours look wonderful!
Cute gingerbread cartoon! :)
Anonymous said…
Love the comic! Your pfefferneusse look lovely.
Hindy said…
Your cookies look delicious. I love the festive plates!
Unknown said…
I love the comic! Cracked me up! Your cookies look yummy. I have no idea how to pronounce them! I'm looking forward to making them, but I'm afraid of the dried mustard!
Summer said…
Your cookies look delicious! I looked up how to pronounce pfeffernusse also and got the same answer. IBTW, think icing will probably help the knee. ;)
Kayte said…
Lol on the little cookie cartoon. Your cookies look so pretty on those plates...I have got to get better at staging food. NY Resolution to do that. These were so good...and you were right, they took no time at all. :-)
Diane Zwang said…
Love the comic that you posted. I liked them with the chocolate.
Anonymous said…
Love the comic! And your pfefferneusse look perfect, too.
TeaLady said…
OOOOHHH!!! Good cookie. Haven't made these in ages. Gonna go back and make us this one. YUM!!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake