Eating with Ellie - Oven Fried Chicken


This week I made Ellie Krieger’s oven fried chicken.  I was very excited to make this and it was so delicious.   Then I checked back through my blog and found out that I had made this previously years and years ago!  I decided it was so good that I would post again today .  I made just a few changes.  Ellie calls for cornflakes and whole grain crackers for the crust.  I used Ritz crackers because that is what I had on hand.  We loved this chicken and will have it again and again!

You can find the recipe Here

   Eating with Ellie participants: Margaret at Here, Kayte at  Here  and Gaye at Here.  You can check the Eating with Ellie category in their blogs to see the recipes they have made and are making. (If you would like to join us, just leave a link at one of our blogs). 

Comments

Kayte said…
I love this recipe. Your crust looks so good with those crackers, I’ve only done it with corn flakes, I’ll try crackers next time. I’ve made this recipe so many times, it is wonderful. The only change I make is that I bake it on a rack so the underside stays crispy and crunchy as well. Seriously, probably made this a hundred times or more over the years. It’s a winner every time. Your photo is so nice, I’d love to sit down to that.
TeaLady said…
Looks like a nice crispy crust. This is one I have never done. Willl have to try.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake