WWDH - Roasted Eggplant with Smoked Mozzarella and Oregano Crumbs

 

I wanted to try something different for eggplant than my normal parmigiana.  I searched through Donna Hays internet recipes and found this one.  It did not disappoint!  We served it with a nice filet and baked potato.  It is also very easy to make.  The tomatoes are mixed with sat, pepper and brown sugar.  The eggplants are drizzled with olive oil.  After baking thirty minutes you top with sourdough croutons, oregano leaves and smoked mozzarella.  Then serve with a drizzle of pesto.  It was a very nice side dish.  I would definitely make this again.

Participants: Kayte at https://grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com/ , Gaye at Laws of the Kitchen, Margaret at Tea and Scones,  You can check the Wednesday with Donna Hay category in their blogs to see the recipes they have made and are making.

Comments

Kayte said…
Oooh…I have an eggplant just wondering what it’s going to grow up to be! This looks like it’s final destination…great job on this. Nice photo.
Cakelaw said…
This sounds delish and is definitely a bit different.
TeaLady said…
I didn't realize I was so far behind on my commenting. This looks delicious. I love eggplant.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake