Baking with Dorie - Grain and Seed Muffins





Tuesdays with Dorie brings us Grain and Seed Muffins.   We are muffin lovers.  Love them with breakfast or just as a snack.  These muffins presented me with a challenge because they called for oats and I am allergic.  So I substituted raisin bran cereal for the oats and it worked beautifully.  However, after putting these in the oven, I ate some leftover sunflower seeds and had a reaction.  So I will have to make these again and leave out those seeds!  I have never heard of a sunflower seed allergy but apparently…have you?  I also added some pecan chips to these because I love nuts in everything.  My husband who is a great taste tester for me says these are great!  Guess I will have to take his word for it.




Comments

Mardi Michels said…
They look great! And re: the reaction - maybe cross contamination? That's a tough one - but the good news is that you can make all sorts of substitutions here as long as you keep the base the same! Loved them too!
ostwestwind said…
So das, that you can't eat sunflower seeds, and yes I heard of this kind of allergy.

They look very tasty
Diane Zwang said…
I am a Registered Dietitian, and yes I agree with Mardi it is probably a cross contamination issue. Sometimes nuts and seeds are dusted with stuff to keep them from sticking. I think these muffins would be forgiving and you could just leave out the oats. Have a healthy and happy new year.
Kayte said…
Well, shucks on the allergies, Peggy, but I'm thinking Chan is just as happy to eat your share of these from the sounds of it. Love your photo, they look really good and I'm looking forward to making these.
Bummer on the allergy! I'm glad these were well liked!
TeaLady said…
Those look perfectly delicious. Try pumpkin seeds.
Kim said…
Bummer with the food allergy part! I hope you get to enjoy them with some modifications the next time you bake them!
Cakelaw said…
The muffins look great Peggy - it’s a shame that you couldn’t enjoy them.
these look excellent! I'm sure you could swap out the sunflower seeds for something else like you did with the oats.
Lovie said…
They look great! How disappointing that you couldn’t enjoy them.
Amy said…
Your muffins look beautiful. Sorry, you had a reaction to them. My daughter used to have a reaction to all kinds of seeds - especially sesame seeds. Apparently seed allergies are different from nut allergies.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake